Sturgeon Bay Utilities is currently accepting applications for a Seasonal Water and Wastewater Employee.
Sturgeon Bay Utilities is now accepting applications for a seasonal water and wastewater department position. Seasonal employee in this classification, work from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday. This position will gain exposure and experience in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of a water and wastewater treatment facility operator. The employee is expected to assist full time staff in performing work tasks and projects, and with instruction, be able to work independently. Position pay range from $15.00 to $17.00 per hour. Applications may be downloaded by clicking HEREjhoffman@sbunet.com
Performs building maintenance including cleaning of buildings, washing down tanks, cleaning floors and windows, and pressure washing. Position will assist with sample collection, lab testing, cleaning of glassware, and related water and wastewater lab functions. Operates manual and powered grounds keeping equipment at the water and wastewater facilities and assist in required maintenance. Dispenses fuel and lubricants, checks and adjusts tire pressure, of grounds keeping equipment. Cleans and checks facility vehicles. Prepares surfaces and performs remedial painting duties on walls, floors, buildings and equipment. Assists maintenance and operations staff with preventative work orders and corrective repairs. Assists staff with plant projects. Performs housekeeping duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Preferred candidate would be enrolled in or a graduate of a program in Water Resources, Wastewater Treatment, or Water Quality Technician.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to perform general math calculations.
- Ability to accurately follow oral and written instructions. Must have the ability to read, comprehend and interpret policies and safety procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, crawl, twist, climb, lift 50 lbs., and be able to withstand exposure to cold, heat, noise, outdoors and vibration.