Sturgeon Bay Utilities
Seasonal Water and Wastewater Employee
Sturgeon Bay Utilities is now accepting applications for a seasonal water and wastewater department position. Seasonal employee in this classification, works from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday. This position will gain exposure and experience in the day-to-day operations and maintenance requirements of water and wastewater treatment facilities. The employee is expected to assist full-time staff in performing work tasks and projects, and with instruction, occasionally work independently. Position pay range from $14.00 to $16.00 per hour.
Applications may be downloaded by clicking HERE and return to Sturgeon Bay Utilities with "Attention Jeff Hoffman". You may also submit a resume directly to Jeff Hoffman by clicking HERE. Please reference Seasonal Job in the Subject Line.
Performs building maintenance including cleaning of buildings, washing down tanks, cleaning floors and windows, and pressure washing. Position will assist with sample collection and analysis, cleaning of glassware, and related water and wastewater laboratory functions. Operates and assists in required maintenance of manual and powered grounds-keeping equipment at the facilities. Dispenses fuel and lubricants, checks and cleans facility vehicles. Prepares surfaces and applies coatings on walls, floors, buildings and equipment as directed. Assists maintenance and operations staff with preventative work orders and corrective repairs. Assists staff with other projects as needed. Performs housekeeping duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Preferred candidate would be enrolled in an undergraduate program with an engineering focus or similar technical discipline.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to perform general math calculations.
- Ability to accurately follow oral and written instructions. Must have the ability to read, comprehend and interpret policies and safety procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, crawl, twist, climb, lift 50 lbs., and be able to withstand exposure to cold, heat, noise, outdoors and vibration.